Thursday, November 6, 2008

Head Lice!!!

My sister told me the other day that one of her roommate’s friends found out that she has head lice so her roommate has gone on a cleaning frenzy to make sure that she doesn’t get it. All I can say to that is yuck! It brings me back to February when we had these two little girls staying with us who had been treated for lice 5 times in the past few months. Of course, my mother, being a public health nurse, was pretty appalled. She said that there was no reason to treat them so many times because if they had been treated properly just once, then the lice wouldn’t have been reoccurring. Well, after they had been there for a few days, my mother discovered that they still had lice so she began her a different head lice removal treatment than they had had before. Let me tell you, it was a lot of work. Not only did their hair have to be treated, but everything, I mean everything had to be cleaned and disinfected. I just remember the massive amount of laundry that had to be done and picking out nits in the girls’ hair. Not fun at all. But, unfortunately, children are very prone to getting head lice, so knowing the treatment options that are available and the steps to take to make sure that it isn’t a recurring problem are very important. Check out the link if you are curious to learn more!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena