Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

For this week, I thought that I would list thirteen of my all time favorite movies. If you would like to participate or view more Thursday 13's, then I suggest you go here- to the home of the Thursday 13

1. The Major and the Minor- A very funny movie with Ray Milland and Ginger Rogers from the 1940s.

2. Bachelor Mother- David Niven and Ginger Rogers. 1939, I think.

3. Some Like it Hot- Tony Curtis, Marilynn Monroe, and a few other big names. Late 50s. Very funny.

4. Annie Get Your Gun- Betty Hutton and Howard Keel.

5. Singin' in the Rain- Debbie Reynolds and Gene Kelly.

6. American Tail.

7. The Wilderness Family Adventures- a little bit corny but fun to watch.

8. Pollyanna. Hayley Mills and Jane Wyman. Can't go wrong there.

9. Gone With the Wind- Clark Gable, Olivia De Havilland, and Vivien Leigh. 1939. A true classic.

10. Sound of Music- Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. I love the songs in this one.

11. My Fair Lady- Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn. Julie Andrews sounded amazing in the Broadway version, it is a pity that Hollywood didn't think she could pull of the film. Obviously, she proved them wrong with her later ventures

12. The Miracle of Morgans Creek- Betty Hutton shines in this is. A very funny movie from the 40s.

13. The Farmer's Daughter- 1930s or 1940s, I can't remember, but it has Loretta Young and Joseph Cotton in it, so you know you can't go wrong!

8 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I'm with ya on #1 and #3 especially.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/does-bubble-gum-lose-its-flavor-on.html

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Some like it hot! What a classic- loved that movie and Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

i haven't seen most of those! i should check them out :) love the look of your blog--super cute!

happy TT

Frances said...

Your background reminds me of the curtains in my old bedroom circa 1974. Love it.
Pollyanna - now that's a wonderful family film.
Actually the whole list is top films with no exceptions.

Vi (pronounced Vy) said...

i'm not a "My Fair Lady" fan. i've been in it tho! happy tt!

she
www.shebecameabutterfly.net

Unknown said...

You forgot The Big Chill and The Lion in Winter...

Unknown said...

I love this post! The first movie was the best for me! I love it! I also love to play bingo especially online bingo at http://www.bingohouse.com/! I think this site is the best!

obat maag kronis said...

share words of motivation
One of the most evil than spreading slander are people who like to listen to them. Indeed, there will be no spreading slander if nothing is heard.
may be useful and acceptable. Greetings and I wait behind the visit: D

 
Designed by Lena