Friday, March 20, 2009

You put Sugar in Kool-Aid?

Apparently, I have spent my entire life making kool-aid incorrectly because I didn't know until recently that you have to ADD sugar to kool-aid!!! I always thought that you didn't, probably because when I was younger and I watched my mom make it, she never, ever put sugar in it. I guess that could explain why when I make kool-aid, it tastes really tart and doesn't taste that well. I think that sugar must really, really help add in some flavor!

Does that ever happen to anybody else, though? When you realize something so simple and silly like that, something that you hadn't realized before? This happens to me all the time when I see something or hear something that I haven't heard before and I think that it is so novel. Please tell me that I am not the only one who does this!! (Although, I must admit that in my heart of hearts, I know that I can't possibly be!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all depends on how one was raised. Some people think that eating a combination of tuna, milk, and fig newtons will make you very ill or give you food poisoning. I know my mom never added sugar/butter/salt to anything, but when I cook, I now know that a little bit of salt or butter never hurt anything. People used to believe margarine was better, but it has chemical compounds in it that can do harm too :p

 
Designed by Lena