Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

I've never really been big on memes, but I saw this on another blog, The Thursday Thirteen, so I thought that I would give it a shot because it sounded like fun. If you would like to participate or see others, please visit this link!

This Thursday Thirteen is NCIS inspired. If you have ever seen the show, then you know that Gibbs has a certain set of rules that he uses for everyday life...this is my version, or something like it! Or at least a set of principles that I think are always good to keep in mind!

1. Never let anyone you don't know get too familiar with your daily schedule.

2. Never leave home without checking both of your feet to make sure that you are wearing the same pair of shoes.

3. Always put on a pair of clean underwear before you go jogging just in case you pass out in the middle of the road and have to be taken to the hospital via ambulance.

4. Never fry jalapenos, believe me, it is not a good idea.

5. Never use mint toothpaste for face cream.

6. Never drink out of a cup that you can't see into. (i.e. in the dark)

7. Don't ever wave a lit firecracker over your head.

8. Even though it might seem like a good idea at the time, you should leave building swimming pools to the professionals.

9. Always carry a map.

10. Never roller-skate in the grass, it can only lead to problems.

11. Never swing your groceries over your head, especially if the bag happens to be full of eggs.

12. Don't ever test to see if the iron is hot by placing your hand on it.

13. Never buy perfume outside of a shady liquor store, inside might be okay, but never outside.

I hope that my rules have been helpful for you!

14 comments:

Lynda said...

Very funny ;0)

Hootin Anni said...

:::slappin' ya across the back of your head::: Yes, yes...yes indeed. Those rules are to live by. [kidding] Abs and DiNozo are my favorites!

My thirteen is posted. Come visit and view some of my favorite personal photos I took of them. Happy Thursday.

anthonynorth said...

A good set of rules there.

My T-13

DrillerAA said...

I have more trouble getting the socks to match than the shoes. Well, at least until I started buying black socks only. Great Thirteen.
Have a good T13

Mia Celeste said...

LOL, I break a lot of these all the time. Thanks for sharing.

Tricia said...

My daughter will confirm #12. We've had a rough year with "hot, don't touch". Why she waited until 6 to buck this one I don't know.

Tabbikat's Thoughts

Anonymous said...

Your rules were fun. The layout of your blog is beautiful.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I do NOT want to know what was in that cup... I'm having very scary thoughts about what it could have been.

And I'm glad to see you joining the Thirteeners. Be sure to leave your link at the hub -- it's Thursday-13.com or something exactly like that. *grin*

Courtney said...

@Lynda-- Yes, they are funny, but most them are tried and true. So, maybe not so funny when it happened, but hilarious afterwards!

@Hooti Anni-- I love Abs and Tony too. I'm sure that Gibbs' rules are a little bit more serious than mine are, but hey, everybody has to work with their own set.

@AnthonyNorth- Thanks for visiting, I'll have to go and check out your thirteen in a minute!

@DrillerAA- Socks can also be quite pesky like that, but at least you can generally hide those with your pants!

@BrendaND- Me too, most of the time, disaster can be diverted, but sometimes something happens and you remember why you shouldn't do that!

@Tricia- yup, that is a horrible way to test to see if the iron is hot-- I tried it once when I was, uh this is a bit embarrasing, 12!! And, I shall never ever do that again. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I was also on the phone at the time so maybe a rule should be never to iron while distracted...

@TheRubyCanary- Thank you! I like the layout too!

@Susan- Well, I've done it a few times-- with the cup that is-- and it was never pleasant. The biggest reason why I won't anymore is because once we were watching a movie with the lights out and I was drinking hot cocoa. About half-way through the movie, my cocoa started tasting really gritty and when I got up to see what was in there- there was a slew of drowned ants!!!! All I can say was that I was really grossed out and never wanted to drink cocoa again.

I did check out the hub, and now I am having a really fun time looking at all of the other Thirteeners and their entries!

Anonymous said...

I guess I better return that perfume...

Anonymous said...

What a great TT! I enjoyed it and totally agree with most of what you said, especially about drinking out of a cup in the dark. I won't go into details but you can imagine I'm sure. Happy TT!

Janet said...

re: #2...I did that a few months ago...the folks at my chiro's office had a good laugh (as did I) when I pointed it out.

Cassie said...

i just found this today! sounds like fun! and i'm a NCIS fan so I really enjoyed yours!!

Courtney said...

All Rileyed Up-- perfume on street corners is never a good idea.

EMC- yup, drinking out of dark cups is never a good idea.

Janet- Hehehe, I've done it a few times too, but mostly when I wasn't going anywhere too important.

Cassie- NCIS is a great show, isn't i?

 
Designed by Lena