Friday, March 13, 2009

Dolphin Bubbles

I must admit that bubbles have always fascinated me. I love to blow bubbles. There is just something so relaxing about the whole process. In fact, I don’t think that I have ever met anyone who doesn’t like to blow bubbles or who doesn’t like bubbles. Bubbles are just inherently fun.

Did you know that humans are not the only animals that blow bubbles? I just watched the neatest video about dolphins blowing bubbles at Sea World. Now, these Dolphin Bubbles are a bit different from human bubbles because the dolphins are actually making these bubbles under water using air from their blow holes—they don’t have to use a wand or soap like I do!

Apparently, this is a relatively new phenomenon in the dolphin world because up until recently, very few dolphins were actually able to do this. The dolphins are learning this technique from each other! How cool is that? You can actually watch the evolution of the dolphin culture in the video!

Please check out the video or the link above if you want to learn more about this really neat phenomenon of dolphin bubbles! It was just featured on ABC News with Charles Gibson!

Post?slot_id=34181&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena