Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yesterday, Tori and I got yams, well realy sweet potatoes, at the store and I am trying to decide how I want to cook them for next week. I think that normally we bake them in the oven with some butter and brown sugar, but this year I think that I want to try something different. I have seen a few sweet potato pie recipes in the last week and I think that I want to try to make one. However, I don't know how much like pumplkin pie it will taste and I don't want to make a pumpkin pie and a sweet potato pie if they taste roughly the same. Has anyone out there made one? Did it taste a lot like a pumpkin pie or was it different enough to have a pumpkin pie and a sweet potato pie?

I suppose that if they do taste too similar that I can figure out a different recipe for sweet potatoes, but I'll have to look around. Does anyone know of any good sweet potato recipes? I am going to have to scour my cookbooks later and see what I can come up with. If I find anything good, I'll be sure to share it with you all!

2 comments:

Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken said...

Try my recipe for Sweet Potato Balls. You will find it on my website http://www.marthaskitchenkorner.com
The recipe calls for pre-mashed sweet potatoes but you can use fresh and add your own spices. They are delicious and very simple.
Martha

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I have had both and they are are different enough to serve both.

alicia
http://todaystyle.today.com/

 
Designed by Lena