Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tori and I went to the mini mart on the corner earlier to get some essentials and I just looked at my receipt and I realized that they charge 50 cents every time you use your debit card!! I have so never heard of anything like that before! I could understand one for a credit card but not for a debt card! I think from now on I am going to only spend cash there. Of course, that means getting money out of an ATM somewhere-- they do have one there but it is chronically broken. Luckily, there is one in walgreens, but that is across the scary street. Oh well, there are also a lot of ATMs on campus, but since I do not really ever go to that part of campus, so it is not really that helpful. Which leads me to a commentary on 'electronic money' which is what most if not all of my money usually is. I don't think that this is really a wise thing, but what if there is a massive power outage or something? Then again, I would not want to keep a whole lot of cash out on me, because what if it gets stolen? I think that I am going to keep a small amount out from now on though, because I constantly want it!!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena