Sunday, October 18, 2009

Different Types of Yarn

Since I have been crocheting so much lately, I have also been buying a lot of different types of yarn. I have noticed that you can get yarn made out of almost anything. I have seen yarn made out of very traditional things like wool, acrylic, nylon and cotton. I have also seen some yarn made out of not so traditional things like bamboo, corn and soybeans. I have not tried crocheting with any yarn made out of soybeans or corn yet but let me tell you, bamboo yarn is very soft. I have a blend of bamboo and silk and it is beautiful. I am not quite sure what I am going to make out of it yet, though. I think at this point I am a bit more interested in looking and feeling all the different yarns out there than actually deciding what to make out of each one. But, I do want to make something out of each interesting blend that I have found so far just because I think that it is neat!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena