Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Making Summer Clothes

Since coming here for school, last August, I've lost about 25 pounds and consequently, all of the summer clothes-- well most of them since some of them are drawstring and those still fit, don't fit anymore and are too large. So, I've been going through all of my clothes and getting rid of the ones that are just way too big and then I'm trying to think of ways that I can make the remaining clothes fit better. I think that I am going to just take them in on the leg. But, I don't want to mess up the pockets in the front or the back, so I think that I do it mostly from the back, then it won't mess up the front pocket. I don't know though because I have never tried to take in pants before so if anyone has any good pointers or ideas out there, let me know! I don't want to spend money on new clothes right now so I am trying to make do with what I have.

I have also cut off the legs on a few pairs of pants to turn them into shorts or capris. I have done that before, and that is not a problem at all. I just wish that I knew a better way than my made up way of taking the pants in.

I also think that I am going to sew some skirts and shorts for myself. I have a fair amount of fabric, so that I think that it shouldn't be too hard. I've made both before, just never for myself, but I do have plenty of patterns, so I think that it will work out alright!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena