Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cleaning Silver

I found this old silver platter that my grandma had given me before I left Chico today and since it was rather tarnished and dirty, I decided that I might as well clean. Now, I've only cleaned silver a few times before in my life, but I must admit that I forgot how much of a hassle it could be! It wasn't really that much fun, but at least I was able to get it looking more like silver than bronze or brass!!

I do think that I need to get some silver polish or something though because it could still do with some more cleaning, but it is much, much, much better looking than when I first started. I'm just glad that I don't have a lot of silver that needs polishing a lot. Although, I guess that if you clean it regularly, then it wouldn't get so tarnished.....

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena