Saturday, April 11, 2009

ARGH!!

There are a few good reasons why you should always pay attention when you are sewing, and one of them happens to be so that you sew your seam correctly. I have been trying to sew a skirt for Victoria for the past hour and it is plaguing me. I've been talking and chatting while I've been working on it and it is led to diaster. First, I sewed the fabric on the wrong side so that it didn't match up to the other side. I had to rip out that seam, which took a good twenty minutes because the linen that I am making it out of it so fickle, then I attempted to sew it again. I thought that I had pinned it correctly but once it was done, I realized that I had made another mistake. I put the top part on backwards on the seam, if that makes any sense which it probably doesn't without a picture. But I am probably the only person alive who could manage to sew a seam on backwards twice and it be backwards a different way each time!!

This is exactly why you should always pay attention to what you are doing. It will be much less of a hssle and a giant nightmare in the end if you do!

1 comments:

Signe said...

Precisely why I can't/don't sew :D

 
Designed by Lena