Monday, February 23, 2009

Lots o' Thoughts

1. It is raining again! And it is super windy. Hopefully all of this rain will help us out with our drought. I would go outside and play in the rain but a few things are preventing me. Firstly, it is very cold outside and I don't want to be cold. I like to be warm. Secondly, I seem to have developed Tori's lovely head cold so I don't feel that well. But, at the same time, I don't want to stay in bed all day either because that can get extremely boring!

2. Some how, and I am not complaining right now, I have gotten ahead in all of my classes. Seriously, I could not read anything for a week and I wouldn't be behind. In some classes, I could not do anything for nearer to two weeks and I still wouldn't be behind. I am actually liking this a lot better than being behind. I think that I am going to continue on with my 'aheadness' and get to work on some papers and reading that aren't due for quite awhile. I figure, I might as well so that way I will never fall behind this semester, but if I need to take a break or something-- say I am sick (although I am sick right now and that is not slowly me down, probably because I don't feel good enough to go anywhere and it is raining, so I might as well do homework), I can take a break and not fall behind. This is definitely the way to do it!

3. I love soup. Since it is raining and I am sick, soup is the perfect food right now. I've been basically eating tomato soup the last few days and I love it. I also had some minestrone and I had some chicken with wild rice soup, but my favorite has got to be the tomato soup. There is nothing better when it is raining outside or when you are sick to have some good tomato soup. If I still ate cheese, I would compliment it with a nice grilled cheese sandwich, but since I don't, the tomato soup is fine by itself. If, my throat didn't hurt, I'd threw some crackers in there, because that really tops it off, but I think that that is going to have to wait for another day.

Anyhoo, I think that I am going to go ahead and read "Wicked". It is technically school work, but since I can lay down and it read, I can also call it resting! I hope that everyone is having a good Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Wicked. It was one of those books that was so well written and had such a brilliant premise that you sort of wish you had thought of it yourself.

Soul Mates 95 said...

I also liked Wicked. I was soooo mad because I got about 3/4 of the way through it and my daughter ripped up the rest of the pages. I was so mad that I decided not to read it until I could start all over again. I need to go buy it again. It's an interesting read.

Rosilie said...

apart from blogging, I find reading relaxing! Happy restful reading to you!

Courtney said...

Thanks guys! I'll have to post a blog and update you on how it is going!

 
Designed by Lena