Saturday, December 6, 2008

The other exciting thing that I did tonight was make bread. The bread turned out very well, but it had a rather odd beginning. I started it okay and the first rising went well. However, during the second rising, right at the end of it, my roommate called out that she thought something was burning. This was very odd because I had the oven down very low and there was no way that I could see how it could be the bread. It wasn't. It was the towel that I placed over the bread to keep it from getting hard while it was rising. I guess it got on the coils on the bottom of the oven and it got singed. Luckily, it didn't start a fire or anything but it was pretty crazy. I have never, ever had that happen to me before and I can only think that it is because I am used to a gas stove/oven combination rather than an electric one. I think that from now I am going to have use foil or something or find a smaller towel that won't touch the coils on the bottom of the oven. I certainly don't want to be starting any fires!!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena