Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I got a call from my sister earlier who told me that my corn, that I planted such a long time ago will be ready in about a week or two! I can't believe it! I mean, I can believe it, since I figured that if it did grow it would take this long since we had such a cool summer, but I can't believe that it actually grew! It was growing so slowly and finally I gave up on it and stopped watering it because it didn't seem to do anything. Now, by the time that it is ready, it will be two months since I have gone. Who had ever heard of corn that took over 5 months to grow!!! I do know that if I were to plant corn here, since it is so much hotter, I could have it growing in the right amount of time! At least my sister knows that if she plants corn up there next year, it will grow, it just might not be ready until almost November!!! She also told me that my zucchini plant is still thriving. Apparently, they are getting two to three big zucchinis off of it a week! I'm glad for that because everyone in my family loves zucchinis and now they can have them whenever. Of course, all of this garden talk did make me very sad because there is no garden here. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to have one in the spring, if not, I will be very sad. I don't know how to explain it, there is just something in my blood that likes to garden and there always has been. I'll have to check around to see if we have a community garden somewhere or I am going to have to figure out a way to start one!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena