Saturday, August 2, 2008

Random Updates

Firstly- happy August to everyone!! I can't believe that it is already August, and a few days into it, at that! For the longest time I kept wishing that the summer would be over, and now that it is drawing near to the end, I am getting hesitant.  Time keeps marching on though, and soon, very soon, I will be moved into my new place and going to a new school.  I know that I can do it, but it is still a little bit scary at the same time-- the unknown has always been a scary thing for me, but once it comes, it always has turned out not to be so bad as I thought.  In fact, it is generally much better than I ever had hoped.  


In other news, although slightly related, my grandmother has decided to throw me a small going away party about two nights before I go.  Apparently, she has already gotten some champagne for it!  Personally, I think it is very sweet of her to do so, even though I wasn't expecting it at all.  I'm not sure that I like champagne very much though, I have only ever had it once-- at my brother's wedding, but it is a toast to something that will hopefully be a delightful experience, so I shall drink some to the future.   

Tonight, I've been watching Nanny McPhee with my mother and it just confirms that I really do love all things British-- well most things British as my mother would say--- apparently she is not a big fan of boiled foods, and when I think about it- some boiled foods I could really do without! Now, if that wasn't really a run on sentence, then I don't know what is!  Sheesh, I am going to have to work on my writing skills for school.  It is true what they say, you know, that you forget a lot of stuff over the summer.  Mainly I think it is because you stop using all of it everyday and it just fades away.  Although, I am sure that it will come back pretty quick!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena